Thursday, September 27, 2007

Nadoes Coast to Victory

The Nadoes became UCT Internal Leaugue Champions for the fourth time in a row last night at a blustery Green Mile with a convincing 27 - 0 win over the in form Cobras.

There was a hectic vibe that greeted the players and spectators on the green mile last night. WADDA were pushing their vibe with lovely dancer girls and booming music. The beers were flowing and at first sight it was evident that the nadoes meant business. They were arguably slight underdogs going into the match after their very unconvincing win last week against the Panthers, while the cobras swept past their favoured opponents Ubumbo in their semi.

With this knowledge in mind the Nadoes were serious about their job. With their 30 strong squad warming up, they were utterly focussed with the amped words of Nadoes legends such as The Iron Giant, The Donk and The Godfather ringing through the camp.

The game kicked off with Nadoes playing into the stiff breeze, and within seconds, the Nadoes started to rumble forward. It was then that they clicked into gear. Sean Kerry made an inspired break from inside his own half, with only the fullback to beat he sent the ball wide to no-one in paticular, which was then toed ahead where an ever alert LaLaLaLloyd dived over for the opening score. DeVon Lichtenstein slotted the conversion from out wide to make the score 7 -0.

Moments later after some solid forward play, the eventual man of the match JustIn Erasmus got his hands through the tackle well and off loaded to a bullocking KingZo for the second score under the poles. 14 -0.

The Cobras came back into the game after the lightning start by the nadoes and some good play from both sides ensued. The cobras used the wind well, but unfortunately were turned over at crucial times by some very solid Nadoe defense. The Iron Giant was massive here along with Harry's House and the Donk. And thats how it finshed at half time.

Devon Lichtenstein slotted a penalty early into the second half to make the score 17 - 0. It was then that the Nadoes turned the screws and after some sustained pressure, Charles Roff picked up the loose ball and darted over for an unconverted try. 22 - 0.

With the game in the bag, the Nadoes started to ring the changes. The entire bench got a run with virtually the entire team changing. A yellow card for both sides followed for some late tackling. The game broke down a bit from there and the game went through a slow patch.

This was ended by a huge blunder on the part of the cobras wing that resulted in a try for an unamed young Nadoe in the corner. 27 - 0. And that was how it finished.

The Scenes that followed in the change room were massive, People were smashed. The singing and dancing went on long into the night. It was a great game and an awesome season. For all the Nadoes playng in the last game, you will be sorely missed. U cha cha.


Renzo said...

It was me you fools!!
grubber through, chase, score! what else do you expect from the captain!!?!
yes, two tries in the final! JUST TOO HECTIC!

sick write up though

Anonymous said...

i was a proud nadoe supporter on wed. well done guys :)