Thursday, March 5, 2009

Elley Fighting Fit


Jason Elley recorded his first win of the 2009 running season with a well timed burst 100m from home to clinch the season opening leg of the Common Cup in difficult conditions in Rondebosch Yesterday.

Elley flew past a tiring Allenbrook who had led for the entire race to a winning time of 20:12, 12s ahead of his rival. THere had been reports circulating about the mental stability of Elley and some questions asked about his fitness.

But the veteran showed no signs of the injury that kept him out for most of last year and put in a solid performance. "It wasn't a sub 20min run, but in the conditions I was happy with it. Its nice to get back out there, to mix it up again. I am very happy with my training and am confident I will be able to go Under 90 min in the Oceans." a visibly jubilant Elley remarked.

There were a few who were notable by their absence, Quayle, Dawson-Squibb, Barrett, Charton and van den Berg were a few that were missing.

The bar has been set. Elley has blown the field away and left the competitors eating their words. He later had this to say at his Press conference from forries: "Quayle is a has been. Ill run him off his feet. Im looking to thrash him next week in the time trial. I dare you to come beat me on my turf."

Hectique...

No comments: